We always knew that Black Mountain was a special place, but Country Living Magazine has rated us the#1 best small town to visit and TripAdvisor voted us the “Prettiest Small Town in the USA”. We are so fortunate to live in such a wonderful area surrounded by the Blue Ridge mountains and so many nice people. Your stay in Black Mountain affords you the benefits of the best small town to visit and all of the great features of Asheville and the Blue Ridge within minutes of our Inn.
To further enjoy your stay, consider adding some recreational adventures while you are visiting us. We are happy to act as your personal concierge and assisting with the planning and booking of white-water rafting, canoeing tours, waterfall tours, food and pub tours, fly fishing excursions and much more. Just drop us an e-mail or give us a call to discuss what you may be interested in doing and we will help facilitate your plans!
A few special offers are currently available to guests of our Inn, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to assist you in booking these great programs and offers:
While you are relaxing at our Inn, you can take a break, rejuvenate yourselves and enjoy spa massages in the privacy of your own room. The massage service are provided by a trained professional massage therapist. Relax with an hour’s indulgence focusing on your body’s needs. These massages are wonderful: they alleviate fatigue, backaches, stiffness, tension, low energy or simply to provide calming relaxation. Refresh and energize yourself! Spa massage bookings may be made for couples or as singles. Prices start at $100.00 for a single hour massage.
Farm & Artisan Tour of Sandy Mush Valley
An Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Exclusive
In conjunction with the inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, we are delighted to be able to offer to our guests an independent driving tour of one of the most beautiful valleys in Western North Carolina. Located just a short half hour drive from the center of Asheville, Big Sandy Mush is one of the most beautiful and least well known destinations in our area. This lush valley has been farmed by the same families for generations and has maintained the charm of a bygone era. Drive past big red barns surrounded by fertile fields and small white churches framed by our North Carolina Mountains. Picnic among the grape vines of a local vineyard and enjoy a special wine tasting, stop at local farms to pick fruits and vegetables or purchase produce, and visit the workshops and galleries of North Carolina artists and craftsmen. Leave behind the crowds and tourists and visit this peaceful valley on a tour curated for you!
Tour available the first Saturday of each month, May through October
· A touring map/guide of Leicester, NC’s Sandy Mush Community of Artisans and Farms.
· A complimentary picnic lunch to eat at Addison Vineyards. Enjoy a tasting and panoramic mountain views. In September, guests can watch the grape harvest. After your picnic, enjoy a complimentary wine tasting and glass at Addison Farms Vineyard and receive 10% off wine purchases.
· Shop for honey, beeswax candles and pick-your-own blackberries; explore the farm store at Sandy Hollar Farms.
· Visit the Sandy Mush Herb Nursery. In addition to purchasing plants, seeds, useful items and selected books, you can learn about the medicinal and culinary uses of herbs, wild flowers, Bonsai plants and more.
· Explore the Long Branch Environmental Center, a farm designed for research, education and conservation. In addition to seeing solar farm buildings and a tobacco barn, pick up conservation tips and buy apples and cider.
Tour, shop, and experience a warm welcome at these fine artisan destinations:
· Jones Pottery, the studio of nationally recognized potter Matt Jones
· The studio for quilter Laurie W. Brown.
· Painter Christine Hield at Sky Dance Art
· Fiber artist June Hawkins at Sandy Hollar Farms
· Frank Barbara, woodworking
$30/PERSON (please contact us at the time of booking to request package)
10% of your purchase price will be donated to the Southern Appalachian Highland Conservancy to help protect and conserve our mountains and valleys.
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience The Omni Grove Park Inn’s Donald Ross designed golf course. Rated one of the finest in America, this gorgeous course is framed by the Blue Ridge mountains and presents all the thrills and challenges of a mountain venue. In conjunction with the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, we are happy to offer exclusive discounts to golfers to enjoy this special course. Rates are dependent on the time of year, but are highly discounted over publicized rates. Did not bring your clubs on this trip? Not a problem – our partnership includes a free set of rental clubs for each golfer.
Please contact us prior to your arrival to set up a tee time and arrange your golf outing with the Omni Grove Park Inn’s pro shop staff.